Kodo Millet Rice is diabetic friendly, low in fat and high on energy! Its also called “Kodra”or “Kodo”. This millet is high on fibre, unpolished & chemical free.
Steps to cook millet rice:
- Use 3 cups of water for 1 Cup of millet rice in open pot cooking.
- Bring water to boil, add the washed and drained millet and cover.
- Let millet absorb all the water on medium-low flame
- Rice is cooked when all the water gets absorbed
- There is no need to drain the water!
- Empty the cooked rice on a plate to retail fluffiness
- For pressure cooking, use 2 cups of water and 2 to 3 times of whistle on the cooker is fine!
Nutritional facts per 100gms (below shown is approx. values):
- Protein- 8.3gms
- Total Fat- 1.4gms
- Total Carbhohydrate- 65.9gms
- Energy- 535Kcal
- Fiber- 5.2gms
- Iron- 1.7mgs
- Calcium- 35mgs
Health benefits of Kodo Millet:
• These millets are digestion friendly, a must recipe not just for weight loss, but also for a healthy lifestyle
• Kodo millet is rich in phytochemicals and phyate that help in reduction of cancer risks
• These grains helps to reduce the body weight which is most needed for obese people
• It helps to overcome irregular period problems in women
• Kodo grains are good for diabetic people, low on fat and high on energy
• It reduces nervous disorders, especially in the eyes; This 100% natural millet also helps to reduce knee and joint aches