INSTRUCTIONS to cook Kerala Brown Rice:
- Wash and soak the brown rice for at least an hour.
- Put the rice in the pressure cooker. Take a bowl and add in the washed and drained rice. Ideally use 1 Cup of Rice.
- Add 7 cups of water to the bowl. Place the bowl inside the pressure cooker filled with water. Cover the cooker and cook in medium flame, till you hear 9-10 whistles; This shall take at least 14-15mins.
- Switch off the flame and let the rice rest in the cooker for at least 30mins. Do not open the lid until that time!
- Rice gets swollen and absorbs all the water till that time. After 30mins, open the cooker. There shall still be water in the bowl along with the cooked rice. Drain the rice for the water to go out and your perfectly cooked Kerala Brown Rice , also known as Matta Rice is ready to eat!
- 1 Cup Matta Rice or raw brown rice and 7-8cups of water
- All our products are packed in eco-friendly bags only.